1 year after Stockholm19/02/2021
4 months to 30e05/03/2021
Today is th European Day of Victims of Crime
Need a correct civil and criminal justice system for victims and their families
1. Victims of road crashes and their bereaved are a huge case in point since such people still suffer much discrimination and marginalisation in comparison to victims of mainstream crimes, and frequently struggle to gain crime victim status.
2. We recommend that road crash victims are given a much higher profile than they currently have in probably all European countries, and are given equal status to mainstream crime victims.
3. • Victims of crashes involving law breaking are not accorded the same rights as other victims of crime.
Road crash victims to be treated as victims of crime until the contrary is proven
4. Encourage a thorough investigation into the crash and the application of an effective legal response to road deaths and injuries and therefore encourage fair settlements and justice for the bereaved and injuries.
5. • A thorough investigation is essential for determining criminal guilt or innocence, fair compensation for the victims, and for learning how danger on our roads can be reduced. .
pls use Crash or Collision
road violence = real crime
Post Crash RESPONSE includes Justice
- The Victims have the Right to Know and to be Heard
- Death and Injury must no longer be regarded as minor traffic offences
- Criminal proceedings to bring justice.
- as many road victims need to be recognised as victims of crime
A lot yet to be done