Official 0by30 in cities pre-event to the 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety 202018/02/2020
FEVR on UN Road Safety Collaboration meeting04/02/2022
On October 28th FEVR assisted in Reducing Road Deaths among Young People event organized by ETSC: European Transport Safety Council.
The online event explored how to reduce road deaths among young people, in particular in light of the upcoming revision of the EU Driving Licence Directive.
Following a welcome by Elena Kountoura MEP and Tatsuya Namura of Toyota Motor Europe the below topics were presented:
- Young people’s risky behaviour: the science behind it – Dr. Divera Twisk, Queensland University of Technology
- Reducing road deaths among young people – findings of the forthcoming PIN Flash Report – Jenny Carson, ETSC
- How is the EU addressing the issue of young drivers? The revision of the EU driving licence directive – Claire Depré, European Commission
- Presentation on Germany’s zero alcohol tolerance law for novice drivers and accompanied driving scheme – Jacqueline Lacroix and Kay Schulte, DVR
- Presentation on Austria’s multiphase driving licence – Martin Winkelbauer, KFV
- Presentation on Switzerland’s probationary period restrictions – Thomas Kramer, bfu
The event ended with a panel discussion exploring what can be done to improve young road user safety.
The latest PIN report on reducing road deaths among young people is available here: